Beauty Inspiration: The Aviator

Ah rainy Sundays are meant for sipping coffee, lazy breakfasts and staying in watching films. I love grabbing inspiration from movies (who doesn't). While I was in Montreal this past summer I watched The Aviator on a similar day like today and remembered how much I fell in love with a particular  beauty look that Katherine Hepburn (Cate Blanchett) had. Surprisingly it was the glamourous 40's look that I completely fell in love with, it was the all natural, barely there makeup I loved the most. Screen shot 2015-10-17 at 8.33.13 PM Screen shot 2015-10-17 at 8.35.57 PM Maybe it is because I already know I am going to love the glamourous red carpet look that was worn back then. Or maybe it is because lately I have been drawn to the "all natural" look. I'm all for glamour everyday, but this natural look I feel doesn't lose that feeling. Her hair is still done beautifully but just casual and her blouses still bring that 40's look. I especially love that in both scenes she is wearing a deep red colour, which really brings out her beautiful blue/green eyes and compliments her skin tone and hair perfectly. Her lip in the first couple of photos look more nude and the next more pink, both of which I have been drawn to for lip colours this season. Completely opposite from the reds and pinks I am used too, or even the deep berries that are brought out for Autumn. Screen shot 2015-10-17 at 8.49.59 PM Screen shot 2015-10-17 at 8.57.18 PM If I were to ever start a youtube channel, this is probably the first look I would recreate. Now to go fantasy shop for more makeup that I obviously am going to need. What are your favourite beauty looks for the season?

1 comment:

  1. Everything about the beauty and fashions in this movie turns my vintage loving knees to Jell-O, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete