Ah rainy Sundays are meant for sipping coffee, lazy breakfasts and staying in watching films. I love grabbing inspiration from movies (who doesn't). While I was in Montreal this past summer I watched The Aviator on a similar day like today and remembered how much I fell in love with a particular beauty look that Katherine Hepburn (Cate Blanchett) had. Surprisingly it was the glamourous 40's look that I completely fell in love with, it was the all natural, barely there makeup I loved the most. Maybe it is because I already know I am going to love the glamourous red carpet look that was worn back then. Or maybe it is because lately I have been drawn to the "all natural" look. I'm all for glamour everyday, but this natural look I feel doesn't lose that feeling. Her hair is still done beautifully but just casual and her blouses still bring that 40's look. I especially love that in both scenes she is wearing a deep red colour, which really brings out her beautiful blue/green eyes and compliments her skin tone and hair perfectly. Her lip in the first couple of photos look more nude and the next more pink, both of which I have been drawn to for lip colours this season. Completely opposite from the reds and pinks I am used too, or even the deep berries that are brought out for Autumn. If I were to ever start a youtube channel, this is probably the first look I would recreate. Now to go fantasy shop for more makeup that I obviously am going to need. What are your favourite beauty looks for the season?
Now Goal setting for me this Autumn is...*Drumroll*
1. Renew my Drivers licence (Learners), because it's about freaking time. Also I know the ability to drive will bring me freedom to explore and not make an excuse to stay at home all the dang time.
2. Complete my first Swing Dance Lessons. Which I have been loving. I have always wanted to learn to dance and was tired of my excuse (two left feet), so my bestie and I signed up for Swing lessons, and have gone to a couple of dance nights as well. It has probably been the greatest thing I have ever signed up for.
3. Consistent work out schedule. I have been working out more and have particular goals in mind and I hope to be closer to them by the end of the season.
4. Blog more. Instagram more. I need a hobby outside dance and work, and I think this is a perfect way to express that. beauty bits and bobs, lifestyle, coffee... lots of glorious coffee.
5. Positive thoughts everyday and write them down. Most of 2014 and this year has been about self growth and healing. Managing my depression and anxiety, and boy oh boy I have come a long way since my darkest days, but I know it is an ongoing growth and discovery. I dislike using the word "battle", I am not at war with myself, I am trying to nurture myself.
Well, lets see if I can get back into this again. I think I am going to start posting about everything thats on my mind. So this little blog of mine is going to become more of journal of sorts/ scrap book/ things I just want to post. It may not go well and may not last, but as I am sitting here after spending a bit of time browsing the web I thought Hmmm...why don't I just journal this. I have been looking for a hobby.So here we go. My place to post about vintage, pretty pictures, inspiration, beauty, skincare, life and everything in between. Well internet world, lets reconnect.
I've been trying to incorporate more blue into my wardrobe, because I tend to buy a lot of pink dresses and I feel like blue is less cloying. I've also been trying to buy more dresses in darker colours but I find
that quite difficult, partly because I can't find them and partly because when you see a cute summer frock I mean really how can I resist. Summer dresses always win that battle.
I live in a country where we enjoy beautiful Summer weather for hmm about 2 months and then its back to rain the rest of the year so when I look at my closet and see that 80% is summer clothing I sometimes just want to migrate for Winter. Anyone else think of the next season even though you're in the middle of the current one? I do that A LOT.
On another note, I have to repurchase the lipstick I am wearing here. Its my absolute favourite MAC Girl about town, its super creamy so I went through it fast but I love it, even though it leaves a weird patchy stain when I take it off. I also want to try and find a lighter lip colour but I think it might be weird going from bold lips everyday to light lips, but I want to try so I think a makeup shopping day is in my future.
Hope you all have a lovely day. :)